Today’s question for the Career Coach:
Why is career planning so important?
The Career Coach says:
If you want to meet your own personal goals, you must take charge of your own career and learn to be creative in your approach to your career.
There are a number of reasons why career planning is important.
• Increased Self-Knowledge – You will gain a better grasp of your own strengths, limitations and needs. You can then better target your talents toward career opportunities that make sense for you.
• Skill Building – With a better idea of what opportunities are available in the County, you can better develop skills needed in your current, and future roles.
• Improved County Knowledge – Having a good understanding of the county and its goals will help you to best determine your career opportunities.
• Greater Career Opportunities – Focused development and planning broadens the opportunities available to you.
• Job Enrichment – Because career developments begins in your current job, you work with your supervisor to create, challenging, enriching opportunities that can benefit you currently and build skills for the future.
Share this Post